Guwahati, September 16, 2014: Bollywood heartthrob and reigning superstar Priyanka Chopra, who won laurels after she donned the garb of five-time world champion and Olympic medal-winning pugilist MC Mary Kom, said the biggest challenge for her was to adapt to Mary's personality and do justice to her spirit.

Chopra, who was in the city, spoke exclusively to TOI and said Mary is a character close to her heart. "The first thing that came to my mind when the project was offered to me was to do justice to Mary Kom's character. I was aware that my facial features didn't resemble hers. So I had to adjust to her personality. To do justice to Mary's character was my priority," said Chopra.

"Physically, it was quite challenging. The role demanded proper training in boxing. It was hard work and I am really grateful to be able to do it. As an actor, I have to do justice to the character I am playing. I knew that the film will be good and I am grateful for people's love," added Chopra.

When asked about the northeast and her perception of the region, the actress praised the region and its people.

"I didn't have any preconceived perception of the region. Every place has its pros and cons. The northeast's culture is rich and beautiful. It will remain close to my heart forever. We should be able to inspire aspiring and talented sportspersons from here and give them a platform. Mary has proven what the people of the region can achieve," said Chopra.

The starlet said she has visited Assam before and has always been mesmerized by the lushness and beauty of the region. She expressed her enthusiasm over getting into a producer's shoes.

"I will be a producer. This will be the first time I will be foraying into a new territory. I am excited about it. I have some new projects in the offing as well," said Chopra.

Source: Times of India

Post a Comment

 
Top